Home Interior Design Idea's
Wednesday, 30 January 2013
Tuesday, 29 January 2013
Sunday, 27 January 2013
Basic Interior Decorating Tips for Bedroom
- A bedroom is a private place where people relax or nap during the day and sleep during evenings. Of course, a bedroom won’t be a bedroom if there is no bed. Aside from a comfortable bed, it has standard furnishings like a dresser, night stand, desk, and closet. Some bedrooms have their own private bathroom while some even have a porch or balcony connected to it where one can have a breath of fresh air and a view of the verdant grasses. We spend most of our time in the bedroom because we spend 8 to 10 hours sleeping and we still take some nap during the day. It could be considered as someone’s favorite place.
- When you get home from a busy work, you’ll surely have that strong desire to lie down and have a good sleep in order to recharge from all the energy that you have exerted for the day. You would go directly to your bedroom and rest for a while. So, did you get a good rest? Well, if you had a well decorated room, you will surely end up snoring! But if you don’t, you might get up and opt to rest on the couch instead while watching the television. For sure, you wish you had a perfect bedroom to rest and relax.
- As a busy person, you have to let your bedroom be your bedroom to help reduce stress and increase the chances of relaxation. Make it a calm sanctuary for you. Make it a perfect place to dream and loosen up. Hence, in this post, we opt to give you some tips for decorating your bedroom considering that your bedroom is an important place for relaxation. We, at Home Design Lover would always aim to help you have a more comfortable and happy life through a well-decorated home.
1.Choose the right colors.
In choosing colors for a bedroom, make sure you will use neutral colors, warm colors, earth colors and pastel colors. These should be used in your walls, ceilings and even your furniture. Avoid using bright colors for this will not stimulate you to sleep. Make sure also that the colors of your furniture and even fabrics complement each other.
2. Choose the right bed.
Your bed is the focal point of the bedroom. Make sure you could choose the right one. If you use a large bed, your bedroom will look small and crowded especially if your room is not too big. If you use a bed which is too small, it will look awkward. You have to choose the right size for your bed for this is one of primary things that could make your room look perfect. Also, choose a good mattress. Something that is soft and comfortable would be perfect for you so that you could have perfect dreams, too.
3. Choose a good wall decor.
Some people opt to use wallpapers or have it artistically painted with a unique texture. But others opt to save on wall decor by painting it with plain warm colors and place beautifully framed pictures and paintings. You can actually look for some pictures you like or you might want to consider your kid’s art work. This can help you save a lot.
4. Choose the right flooring material.
Instead of using cold flooring like ceramic tiles, marble or granite, make use of laminated flooring, wood, or carpet. It is not advisable to use ceramic tiles because it will only make your floor cold. You wouldn’t want to get out of bed and step on a cold floor. You might even slip if you use ceramic tiles. But if you already have cold flooring in your bedroom, put a rug or a carpet near your bedside.
5. Consider traffic in your room.
It is important that you have a good traffic inside your bedroom. Arrangement of furniture greatly affects traffic in your bedroom. You need to allow at least 24 inches for traffic lanes. Clear your path towards the bathroom so that you wouldn't stumble on anything when you have late night trips towards it.
6. Choose the right colors and designs for fabric.
When you choose a bedcover and curtains, make sure it will look well in the room. Consider the color of your room. You can choose darker fabrics if your room is light and lighter fabrics if your room is dark. Also, try to look for a design that suits the concept of your room. The fabric can actually show your personality. So, choose well.
7. Use the right color for curtains.
Most people want to use dark curtains so that their bedroom with look a little bit dark even during the day which makes it much easier to sleep. Dark curtains look great especially if you will use light colored walls. But if your walls are dark, then use light colored curtains. You have to consider contrast in choosing the color for your curtain. Also, you might want to use a curtain with two layers.
8. Use the right lightings.
Instead of using lights in the middle of the ceiling, use lampshades, up lights and pin lights. Using these type of lighting's will give a great mood to your room. It would even be easier for you to rest with that ambiance.
9. Have a smart storage space.
Of course, you would always have a cabinet in your room where you will place your clothes and other belongings. It is advisable to have extra cabinet to make sure your things are well kept. Be wise in placing it in order to save space. A bedroom should be well arranged, neat and clutter-free. Having enough storage spaces will help you avoid clutter.
10. Have good ventilation.
This might not be about decorating but ventilation is very important. You wouldn’t want to stay in a place that is too hot or too cold. If you want to have that fresh and cool air inside your room, use an exhaust fan. Put in on the ceiling or wall that is farthest from the window. This will help you save a lot for you won’t need to use an air conditioner if the weather is cold. You may also opt to have wide glass windows if you want. This can allow sunlight to get into the room.
Among all rooms in your home, your bedroom’s look should be the most relaxing. It should have a calm atmosphere. Your interior design will greatly affect the ambience and mood of your bedroom. Your bedroom will also reflect your personal style and taste, thus it also tells who you are as a person. Now that we have done our part in giving you these bedroom decorating tips, it is now up to you to make your bedroom a nice place for rest and sleep.